Although yeast infections can occur anywhere on a dog, they usually affect ears. Organic Pet Digest says that's where 90 percent of yeast infections in dogs occur. Yeast infections are an overgrowth of yeast caused by fungal infection. If a yeast infection is not treated, a dog will develop more health problems. Apple cider vinegar and yogurt are both inexpensive cures easy to administer at home. Apple cider vinegar retards the growth of bad bacteria. Yogurt with lactobacillus acidophilus is a type of probiotic that will give your dog's body good bacteria.
Ear InfectionsStep 1
Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 1 part water in a medium bowl.
Ear InfectionsStep 2
Fill oral syringe with the apple cider vinegar water mixture. Use 5 milliliters for every 20 pounds your dog weighs.
Ear InfectionsStep 3
Flush your dog’s ear gently with the solution.
Ear InfectionsStep 4
Rub your dog’s ears and use cotton balls to swab the excess from her ears.
Skin InfectionsStep 1
Mix 1 part warm water to 1 part apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl.
Skin InfectionsStep 2
Pour the warm solution into a clean spray bottle.
Skin InfectionsStep 3
Spray the areas where your dog has a skin infection. You can use this solution on sensitive areas without causing her pain.
Yogurt for Candida Albicans Yeast InfectionStep 1
Measure out 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup unflavored yogurt for a small dog and ¼ cup to ½ cup unflavored yogurt for a large dog.
Yogurt for Candida Albicans Yeast InfectionStep 2
Mix yogurt in your dog’s dry dog food. Alternately feed it to your dog separately as a treat.
Yogurt for Candida Albicans Yeast InfectionStep 3
Feed yogurt once every day as a treatment. Continue to feed it as a preventative after she no longer has a yeast infection.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Candida Albicans Yeast InfectionStep 1
Measure out 2 to 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Candida Albicans Yeast InfectionStep 2
Pour apple cider vinegar into your dog’s water dish and stir. Change the drinking-water/vinegar mix every day.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Candida Albicans Yeast InfectionStep 3
As an alternative, pour apple cider vinegar directly on your dog’s dry kibble.
Items You Will Need
- Apple cider vinegar
- Unflavored yogurt
- Medium bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cotton balls
- Oral syringe
- Spray bottle
- Unfiltered, organic and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar works better than salad-dressing apple cider vinegar.
- Try bathing your dog with an oatmeal or tea tree oil dog shampoo and rinsing with the half apple cider vinegar and half water solution. It will help with itchy sore skin from yeast infections and her coat will look shinier and feel soft.
- Purchase yogurt with lactobacillus acidophilus in it to boost your dog's immunity system.
- Be careful using the oral syringe to flush your dog’s ears. Too much solution in the ear will cause her pain and create further ear problems. Check with your veterinarian before beginning any home treatments for yeast infections.
- Goodshoot/Goodshoot/Getty Images