Omega oils boost the immune systems in dogs and are highly beneficial for senior dogs. Omegas oils are known to decrease inflammation, especially in dogs who suffer from kidney disease, heart disease, brain disease and arthritis.
Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Pet Oil Supplement
This flavorless and odorless supplement is a potent source of omega-3 essential fatty acids. The omega oil comes directly from wild sardines and anchovies found in the South Pacific ocean. Nordic Naturals Omega-3 pet oil supplements comes in soft capsules or liquid and can be added to dog food or given directly to your dog.
Dermatrix by Kala Health
Dermatrix is a chewable multivitamin tablet with omega oils derived from fish and plant sources. The tablet is chewable and touted as great-tasting. Dermatrix contains vitamin A, E and B complex, plus zinc and essential omega-3, -6 and -9 oils -- making the multivitamin effectively a highly concentrated source of fatty acids. The formula is touted as being easily digestible.
Ascenta Health Canine Omega-3
Acenta Health's Canine Omega-3 supplement has a smoky meat flavor and other natural flavors intended to improve taste. It contains fish oil derived from sardines and anchovies, plus vitamin E. Ascenta Health says the Canine Omega-3 supplement supports overall health and is independently certified and tested for purity and good quality.
Animal Essentials Herbal Multivitamin and Minerals
The Animal Essentials brand makes a Herbal Multivitamin and Minerals supplement containing nature's complete source of omega-3, -6 and -9 fatty acids, chia seeds. Chia, also known as Salvia hispanica, is a desert plant from the mint family. Animal Essentials Herbal Multivitamin and Minerals contains high-quality herbs and provides amino acids, vitamins and essential fatty acids. It also includes yucca root, barley grass and flaxseed. This specifically blended formula allegedly provides herbal support without interfering with normal body function and is said to improve resistance to allergens and flea bites while promoting a healthy coat and skin.
- Healthy Pets with Doctor Karen Becker: Could This Be the Missing Ingredient for Your Pets Optimum Health?
- Doctor Andrew Weil: Fish Oil for Dogs
- Doctors Foster and Smith: Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Pet Oil Supplement
- Kala Health International: Dermatrix
- The Vitamin Shoppe: Canine Omega 3
- Eat Right Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: What Are Chia Seeds?
- Animal Essentials: Herbal Multi-Vitamin and Minerals
- Science-Based Medicine: The Top Ten Pet Supplements: Do They Work?
- Nordic Naturals: Awards and Recognition and Gold Standard
- Animal Essentials: Premium Quality Supplements for Dogs
- Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images