Caring for long-haired dogs requires several hours of brushing each week. While this provides ample time for bonding, it can be time-consuming for a busy pet owner. However, using a natural, homemade detangler spray helps remove mats and tangles that cause your pet to have nightmares. Rosemary, an herb that dates back to ancient times, helps fight dandruff, whereas, coconut oil helps create a silky coat. Also, the aroma leaves Fido's fur smelling clean and fresh.
Boil 4 cups of water in a medium pot.
Pour 2 teaspoons of dried or fresh rosemary into the water. Remove the mixture from the heat and let it steep for 10 minutes while covered.
Cover the colander with a large paper towel or cheesecloth. Set it on top of the medium mixing bowl.
Strain the rosemary from the mixture. Pour the liquid into a medium spray bottle.
Add five or six drops of coconut oil to the mixture and shake.
Items You Will Need
- 4 cups water
- Medium pot
- 2 teaspoons dry or fresh rosemary
- Paper towels or cheesecloth
- Medium bowl
- Medium spray bottle
- Coconut oil
- There is no need to rinse the rosemary detangler from your pet’s long, luscious fur.
- If your furry friend starts itching, stop using the leave-in conditioner. He may have a reaction to the ingredients. Seek help from your veterinarian.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images