For many pet owners, dogs are not just pets but a part of the family. Like your other family members, they can be adorable, irritable and hilarious. They touch our hearts and our funny bones. Humorous facts about dogs include laws and products aimed at them. These facts will give you some chuckles, and they might come up in a trivia game and win you some points.
Funny Dog Laws
Most laws target humans, but a few have tried to keep dogs in order too. If you live in Zion, Illinois, forget about sharing your cigar with your pooch. It's illegal there to let your dog have a lit cigar. In Hartford, Connecticut, it's illegal to educate your dog. If you are in Oklahoma and you like to make faces at your favorite pooch, watch out: Making ugly faces at a dog could land you in jail.
Some inventions designed for dogs might leave you laughing or just scratching your head. If neutering has lowered your dog's self-esteem, have no fear. "Neuticles" are a testicular implant that will give your dog his natural look back. And for male dogs who can’t resist humping your leg, consider a Hot Doll. This canine version of an inflatable doll is sure to be a conversation starter.
Crazy Dog Names
If you have ever watched the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, you have probably heard you fair share of odd names. How a breeder or owner chooses a registered name is up to them, and many litters tend to be themed. For instance, at the 2013 Westminster you might have heard the name GCH Topsfield-Sanchu Eenie Meenie Miney Moe. This basset hound was part of a litter named after nursery rhymes. His mother, Teeter Totter, came from a litter named after playground toys.
Dog dancing, also referred to as canine freestyle heelwork to music, involves a dog and his human companion performing to choreographed dance routines. Teams even participate in international competitions. For those dogs that just want to have a night out on the town, the Fetch Club in Manhattan offers a nightclub complete with dancing and disco balls. Imagine a late night canine conga line or maybe the Macarena. (ref 6, 7, 8 and 9)
- Responsible Pet Ownership Blog: Crazy Pet Laws -- What Were They Thinking?
- Hot Doll: I Want to Know Everything About Hot Doll
- Epic Plastic: Dog Neuticles -- Rocky Kardashian Testicle Implants
- New York Post: Nightclub for Pooches
- Fetch Club: About the Night Club
- Top Lodge Dancing Dogs: What Is Dog Dancing?
- Dogdance.info: Welcome on the Online-Platform for Dogdance
- Neuticles: Welcome to Neuticles
- Vet Street: What’s in a Champion’s Name? The Stories Behind the Monikers of 8 Westminster Dogs
- NA/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images