Is Morrow's Honeysuckle Toxic to Dogs?

by Carlye Jones

    Morrow's honeysuckle (Lonicera morrowii) attracts bees and wasps, and these pose a stinging danger to you and your pet. The plant itself, however, is not necessarily dangerous -- but one part of the Morrow's honeysuckle plant could upset your pooch's stomach.

    Not a Good Snack

    The leaves, stems and blooms of Morrow's honeysuckle are not toxic. The only type of honeysuckle that is known to be toxic to dogs and other animals is English honeysuckle, which can cause diarrhea and digestive problems. The berries of the Morrow's honeysuckle may have a similar effect on your dog, upsetting his stomach and causing loose stools. If your dog ingests very much, he may get an upset tummy. If your dog does experience vomiting, diarrhea or a bloated stomach after chewing on honeysuckle, contact your veterinarian.

    About the Author

    Carlye Jones is a journalist, writer, photographer, novelist and artisan jeweler with more than 20 years of experience. She enjoys sharing her expertise on home improvements, photography, crafting, business and travel. Her work has appeared both in print and on numerous websites.

    Trending Dog Behavior Articles

    Have a question? Get an answer from a Vet now!