It's true that you love your pooch. However, the older he gets, the more accidents he has. If you have a young tyke, then housebreaking may prove to be a daunting task. Dog urine can stain rugs, ruin your hardwood floors and leave a stubborn odor. While accidents are bound to happen regardless of age, you can easily do a thorough cleanup without using harsh chemicals.
Getting rid of dog urine odors using an enzyme-based cleanerStep 1
Blot the soaked area with paper towels, removing as much of the urine as possible. Discard the paper towels in a plastic bag designated for this task, so that all traces of urine are removed from the room.
Saturate the area with non-toxic, enzyme-based Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover. If this is an area rug, lift the rug and apply the product to the reverse side of the stain.
Using a soft chamois cloth, rub the area, allowing the product to reach the deepest layers of the carpet. If possible, clean the exposed floor under the carpet and place several paper towels under the treated part of the carpet.
Allow Nature's Miracle to completely dry. This process may take as long as two weeks. Inspect the carpet for areas missed during the cleaning process and repeat, if needed.
Getting rid of dog urine odors using a home remedyStep 1
Pour one gallon of hot tap water into a bucket. Add 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and stir with sponge mop.
Scrub the soiled area with the mop and ventilate the room. Blot with paper towels and allow to completely dry.
After the area has completely dried, sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on it. Allow the baking soda to sit for one-half hour and then thoroughly vacuum.
Items You Will Need
- Soft chamois cloth
- Nature's Miracle Power Sprayer Stain and Odor Remover
- 1 roll of paper towels
- Plastic garbage bags
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 gallon of hot water
- Baking soda
- Ultraviolet ("black") light
- Test for colorfastness before using either method. If after using Nature's Miracle, you notice staining, it could be a result of a chemical reaction between the urine and the carpet itself. Use a black light to find other urine accidents that are otherwise difficult to find.
- Although Nature's Miracle is completely non-toxic and contains natural enzymes, keep the product away from pets and children. It may cause intestinal upset.