A Recipe for Apple Juice Dog Treatsby Karen Curinga
It's no wonder you and your canine buddy share a love of apples. They're delicious. And even though your pup doesn't realize it, they're nutritious too. But even though it's fine for Fido to eat apples and to consume treats containing small amounts of apple juice, it's important you use juice that doesn't contain added sugar, chemicals or artificial ingredients. A maple-pumpkin cookie treat containing apple juice and other delicious ingredients allows you to occasionally indulge your adorable pup while maintaining his health.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place all the dry ingredients into one mixing bowl and combine thoroughly using a wooden spoon.
Pour the olive oil, honey or maple syrup, beaten eggs, vanilla extract and canned pumpkin into the second mixing bowl and mix thoroughly using a wooden spoon.
Add the combined dry ingredients slowly and consistently to the wet ingredients. Mix completely, creating a thick batter.
Pour the apple juice into the batter slowly and evenly. Mix the ingredients until the apple juice is distributed thoroughly.
Use a half-tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop the batter, dropping it onto a well-greased baking sheet. Space the cookies about an inch apart.
Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until solid, but soft and chewy. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool thoroughly. Store in an airtight container.
Items You Will Need
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon
- 2 cups organic brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 teaspoons wheat-free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic canned pumpkin, without spice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Baking sheet
- Treats are not meant to be substitutes for your dog's regular meals.
- If your pup has food allergies or specific dietary requirements, check with your veterinarian before giving him any treats.
- Liquorice/Lifesize/Getty Images